Role Value Proposition:
This position is responsible for development, enhancement, maintenance, training and implementation of the MetLife Global Resiliency Disaster Recovery (DR) Program to our global business partners. The position provides leadership and support to the Regional DR Coordinators and downstream roles to ensure successful DR Testing, DR Recovery and DR Program compliance in their regions.
- Develop, maintain and enhance the MetLife Global DR Program framework (policy, standards, roles, responsibilities, process flow, workflow, templates, tools and reporting).
- Provide MetLife Global DR Program awareness, training and support to Regional DR Coordinator’s ensuring successful DR Testing, DR Recovery and DR Program compliance.
- Provide management escalation support to regions for issues impacting DR Testing and DR Recovery.
- Support the Global DR Program continuous improvement lifecycle by ensuring regional DR Testing and DR Recovery results are captured, reported and escalated as needed to mitigate issues.
- 24/7 support of global disaster declaration events.
- 10-15% domestic and international travel may be required.
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- Minimum 7+ years general experience, with 3+ years’ experience in business continuity, disaster recovery discipline.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent experience.
- Certification with Business Continuity Institute (BCI), Disaster Recovery Institute (DRI), EU-Council, ISO or equivalent education and experience
- Expert in coordination of Disaster Recovery tests for individual applications as well as data center tests; includes setting scope, objectives, project plan, status reports, conducting test planning meetings, review of test plans, and issue tracking/resolution supporting business processes.
- Knowledge of Data Center technology and experience testing multiple IT infrastructure platform types and technologies.
- Experience providing input, maintaining, and building DR Plans using specialty BC/DR tools.
- Expertise in ISO 22301 and other international DR standards
- Understanding of Change Management
- Familiarity with FFIEC standards
- Proficient in MS Office suite including Excel, Project and Visio
- Experience leading and participating in global matrix teams
- Strong communication skills