The Senior GRC Advisor will be responsible for conducting risk assessments and consulting with management on risk, control and compliance matters. Additionally, the Senior GRC Advisor will conduct audit and advisory engagements and collaborate with management to identify appropriate mitigation strategies and corrective actions.
- Provides support and/ or co-facilitates risk assessments (information technology, strategic, operational, financial, compliance, etc.) throughout the organization.
- Provides recommendation to management for improvement of overall control environment.
- Collaborates with management to strengthen internal controls and/or develop corrective action plans to remediate risks.
- Develop and facilitate workforce education and awareness training programs relevant to CCNC’s internal control environment.
- Advise on projects and key initiatives providing risk management expertise to ensure risks are identified, assessed and mitigated to an acceptable level.
- Conduct audit and advisory engagements to evaluate the high risk areas to determine the adequacy of policies, procedures and controls and, where appropriate, compare to industry best practices and control frameworks such as the Committee of the Sponsoring Organizations of the Treadway’s Commission (COSO) and Control Objective for Information and related Technology (COBIT) and other relevant authoritative bodies.
- Develops and maintains risk management methodologies, tools, templates, internal websites and internal and/or external reports to ensure the quality and effectiveness of GRC initiatives and deliverables.
- Develop and adhere to GRC standards, policies and procedures designed to strengthen CCNC’s internal control environment.
- Fulfill other GRC responsibilities as directed by management.
- Effective verbal and written communication
- Excellent presentation skills
- Interpersonal (listening, facilitating, interviewing) skills
- Analytical, project management and consulting skills
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a technology, audit or financial related field
- Minimum 5-years experience in auditing, risk management and/or compliance
- At least 3-years experience leading, planning, conducting and overseeing complex audit and advisory engagements
- Experience conducting risk-based financial, operational and/or technical audits
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) or Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Community Care of North Carolina - open positions