Join a team that is changing millions of lives.
Transforming smiles, changing lives
At Align Technology, we believe a great smile can transform a person's life, so we create technology that gives people the confidence to take on whatever's next. We revolutionized the orthodontic industry with the introduction of the Invisalign system, and we have never lost sight of that spirit of innovation. Our diverse and collaborative teams are constantly pushing the boundaries of what's possible.
Ready to join us?
About this opportunity
The new Technology Compliance Senior Engineer will report directly to the Senior Manager, Technology Compliance and will be responsible for supporting global enterprise-wide initiatives within the Information Security team under the Technology Governance, Risk and Compliance department. These include Technology Compliance Process, Risk and Control Maintenance, Controls Monitoring, IT Audit Issues Tracking, Product Security and maintaining Security Certifications.
In this role, you will
All responsibilities require experience in security framework controls tracking, metrics reporting and presentation skills to support management of the following global enterprise-wide technology compliance programs:
* Technology Compliance Program Management: Support efforts with formalizing the technology compliance programs to ensure compliance with SOX, SOC2, PCI, HIPAA, FDA, GDPR, Cybersecurity, data privacy laws, and other legal and regulatory requirements as necessary. Exemplifies project management skills through project tracking, status updates and reporting metrics.
* Technology Compliance Subject Matter Expert: Demonstrate a high degree of proficiency in security compliance. Serve as the subject matter expert for SOX, PCI, HIPAA, and GDPR. Provide security compliance consulting, maintain an in-depth knowledge about compliance requirements, implement automation efforts that streamline compliance procedures and perform compliance training. Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of relevant legal and regulatory requirements.
* Technology Compliance Process, Risk and Compliance (PRC): Architect, design, implement and maintain information security controls. Perform compliance benchmarking of security controls against regulatory laws, standards and best practices, which may include ISO 27001, NIST, SOX, PCI, HIPAA, GDPR and others as applicable. Well-informed of new security compliance regulations and controls. Analyze trends, news and changes in compliance. Advises management and develops plans for compliance and mitigation of risks. Support implementing a risk-based program which monitors key controls are in place and operating effectively. Initiate improvement activity to reduce risk, ensure compliance, lower cost, and improve quality within IT processes. Evaluate effectiveness of the internal security control framework and recommend adjustments as business needs change.
* Technology Compliance Product Security: Support the product security program, by assessing and minimizing security risks associated with Align applications and product solutions. Perform continuous security system development lifecycle activities. Ensure security is built into applications and product solutions. Identify security weaknesses and deficiencies. Provide information needed to make a risk-based decisions and track compliance to vulnerabilities identified.
* Technology Compliance Audit and Issues Tracking: Coordinate audit-related tasks to ensure readiness of managers and their teams for audit testing and facilitates the timely resolution of audit findings. Facilitate with Information Security, Internal Audit and/or External Audit on planned and ongoing audit issues, lead any remediation and/or finding tracking activities that have been identified via the auditing process and ensure that the deliverables meet the requirements.
* Technology Risk & Control: Support implementing a framework which defines technology processes, risks and controls in alignment with regulations or industry frameworks such as ISO, and NIST control requirements with clear mappings to policies, procedures and guidelines. Participate in the implementation of a solution to assist with the management of technology compliance programs.
* Other duties may be assigned as necessary.
In this role, you'll need
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
* 8+ years' experience in Compliance, Risk Management, Security, and/or Audit
* Demonstrated knowledge in applying frameworks such as ISO, NIST, and/or SOC control requirements
Nice to Have/Optional:
* Experience across multiple global geographies
* Experience in driving adoption and/or awareness of new programs
* Professional certification such as CISA, CRISC, CISSP, CIPP, PMP and/or CPA
* 10% - with some international travel required
Sound like a good fit?
Great! Click the "Apply" link to let us know you are interested. Not the right fit? Don't worry, Align is quickly growing so we are creating more opportunities to expand our Align family. Please consider joining our Talent Network to receive notifications about future jobs or sharing this opportunity with others in your network.
Align Technology is a publicly traded medical device company that is transforming smiles and changing lives. Our global team of talented employees develop innovative technology, tools and treatment options to help dental professionals worldwide achieve the clinical results they expect. Our digital ecosystem combines the power of technology to create beautiful smiles through the integration of AI and machine learning, digital imaging and visualization, biomechanics and material science to develop the Invisalign system, the most advanced clear aligner system in the world; iTero Intraoral Scanners and OrthoCAD digital services. Did you know? Align is the world's largest manufacturer of custom 3D-printed materials.
By joining Align, you will be part of a global, fast-growing company in one of the most dynamic industries. Great people, innovative technologies, and meaningful work - these are just some of the things employees say make Align Technology a great place to work.
We respect your privacy. Please review our Applicant Privacy Policies for additional information.
Global Diversity Statement:
At Align, we believe in the power of a smile, and we know that every smile is as unique as our employees. As we grow, we will continue building a workforce of diverse cultural backgrounds and life experiences and fostering a culture of open-mindedness and compassion for all our employees. We live our company values by promoting healthy people and healthy communities. All with the intent of changing millions of lives, one unique smile at a time.
US EEO Statement:
Align Technology is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, employ, train, compensate and promote regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, veteran or disability status.