$60,530.00 - $108,879.00 Annually
Wake County, NC
Office of State Budget and Management
10/21/2019 5:00 PM Eastern
Description of Work
This position is pending reallocation.
Salary Grade: GN16
State government must live within its means, just as North Carolina's hardworking families do. The North Carolina Office of State Budget and Management (OSBM) is tasked with delivering the highest quality statewide budgetary, management and information services to advise the Governor, state agencies and legislature on the most effective use of public resources.
A balanced budget is required by our Constitution and by principles of responsible governance. Over the 2015 to 2017 biennium, we will collect more than $43.7 billion from North Carolina citizens and businesses. In developing a budget, we keep in the forefront of mind that this is their money, not the state's. We must strive for the highest and best use of each dollar spent, or else return those dollars to the hardworking taxpayers who earned them.
OSBM is looking to fill an Auditor position on their Internal Audit team. This position is part of the Internal Audit team within the Office of State Budget and Management which conducts internal audits for State agencies. This position will conduct the advanced work in auditing information systems for State agencies. This position's key responsibilities included:
Perform annual information technology risk assessments used to develop an annual audit plan;
- Plan and execute information system related reviews;
- Perform walkthroughs of information technology and security processes and evaluate the design and effectiveness of internal controls implemented in the IT environment;
- Effectively apply the NIST Standards and COBIT IT governance framework;
- Use various analytical tools to script/program/visualize data;
- Learn the systems and data-sources to retrieve and validate the data;
- Document work and prepare observations and recommendations for corrective action;
- Communicate results and recommendations to agency staff and management;
- Conduct follow-up procedures on all IT matters;
- Drive Data Analytics program to grow capabilities and maturity;
- Provide assistance to the internal audit team with data extraction, data analytics and other technology needs; and
- Serve as a consultant and business partner with agency management and staff.
If you have experience with financial, operational, and compliance risks which affect information systems design, modification and processing activities, then we encourage you to apply! In addition, this position must demonstrate the ability to identify and appropriately dimension those risks, and formulate recommendations which are appropriate, practical, and cost- effective.
This position performs highly complex professional internal auditing work assignments independently or under general supervision exercising substantial judgment. Work will be conducted at different State agencies locations and may require some travel outside of Raleigh.
Supplemental and Contact Information
The Office of the State Budget and Management (OSBM) uses the Merit-Based Recruitment and Selection Plan to fill positions Subject to the State Personnel Act (SPA) with qualified individuals.
Applicants are encouraged to submit an online State Application which may be obtained from the following address: http://www.oshr.nc.gov/jobs/index.html to the Human Resources Division of OSBM by 5:00 pm on the closing date or the application will be deemed untimely and will not be processed.
All Required Competencies, Work history and Credentials must appear on the application in the Education and Work Experience sections of the application form to receive consideration during the selection process. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of completing the State Application form. "See Attached Resume or an Embedded Text Resume" will be considered incomplete and will not be processed.
Degrees must be received from appropriately accredited institutions. Transcripts for foreign degrees have to be evaluated by an organization like World Education Services to determine US equivalency.
The Office of State Budget and Management (OSBM) is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
- Applicants requesting and receiving an accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) are eligible to submit paper applications via mail or by fax reference the contact information below. All applicants should indicate the position number and job title in the section "Jobs Applied For".
- Applicants seeking Veteran's Preference must attach a DD form 214, Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty, along with your application.
Please refrain from submitting multiple applications. However, if multiple applications are submitted to an individual posting, only the most recent application received prior to the posting close date will be accepted.
It is the policy of the State of North Carolina and the Office of State Budget and Management (OSBM) that all employees provide proof of employment eligibility (immigration and naturalization) on the first day of employment. We participate in E-Verify (Employment Eligibility Verification System).
For further information please contact:
Melissa Sincebaugh, Human Resources Business Partner
Office of State Budget and Management (OSBM)