Role Value Proposition:
The Red Team Consultant will improve and mature MetLife’s cyber security posture and operational readiness through continual assessment of system vulnerabilities, security controls, and monitoring effectiveness. This role requires subject matter expertise in information technology infrastructure, critical and creative thinking, and analytical and communication skills. Red Team output will equip executive management with information to improve decision-making, provide Engineering and Operations teams with input to design and implement more effective action plans, and reduce overall organizational risks and threats.
- Build and coordinate Red Team exercises and initiatives with internal stakeholders from inception to closure. Perform vulnerability assessments using manual and automated techniques (internal and external penetration testing).
- Simulate sophisticated attacks through social engineering, electronic and physical penetration testing, and defensive control evasion.
- · Mature Red Team capabilities through development of scripts, effective techniques and process automation.
- · Develop comprehensive metrics, reports, and presentations on Red Team activities and findings for technical and executive stakeholders. Document Red Team processes, tactics, techniques, and procedures.
· Mentor and develop less experienced Red Team members.
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- · Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems or related field, or equivalent work experience. Minimum of 2+ years of Red Team experience
- · Strong understanding of operating systems (i.e. Windows, Unix, Linux, and Mac), network technologies, and protocols (i.e. DNS, SMTP, SMB, SNMP, SSH, TCP/UDP, TLS, etc.).
- · Knowledge of security controls including access, intrusion detection/prevention systems (IPS/IDS), security information and event management (SIEM) systems, patch management systems, etc.
- · Experience with various testing tools such as Metasploit, Nmap, Qualys, Nessus, Burp Suite, Tanium, Wireshark, TCPdump etc. Knowledge of Active Directory. Proficiency with one or more scripting languages such as Python, Ruby, PowerShell, Bash, etc.
- · Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Experience working in complex, diverse and global (international) environments. Ability to effectively delegate work to peers
· Relevant industry certifications such as CISM, CISSP, CISA, Security+, MCSE, GSEC, PMP, LEAN, and Six Sigma are desired