Role Value Proposition:
The Firewall and Network Security Senior Analyst works to continuously improve MetLife’s cybersecurity posture by providing firewall and network device security subject matter expertise. This role will primarily manage and improve the process to ensure enterprise firewalls and network devices (routers, switches and wireless access points) are adequately secured and monitored. In addition to strong technical knowledge of firewalls and other network devices, this role requires a high level of organization, excellent communication/collaboration skills with peers and all levels of management, and the ability to influence and to quickly re-prioritize and pivot as threats and objectives change.
- · Deploy and manage security tools designed to perform periodic network device assessments and validate that they meet compliance standards and are updated
- · Gain a solid understanding of firewalls’ various security features and help deploy those features efficiently. Work with the firewall engineering team to ensure firewalls are properly configured according to industry best practices and MetLife standards
- · Maintain and enhance IDS/IPS standards; Document, review and approve traffic configuration rules
- · Responsible for helping create a firewall analytics and dashboarding process based on Splunk
- · Maintain and document security policy and standards for all authorized network devices (Firewalls, routers, switches, wireless access points). Proactively identify and make recommendations on potential security issues and solutions.
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- Candidate must have a combined minimum of 7 years hands on experience in the fields of IT and Cyber Security with a Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems or related field, or equivalent work experience
- Strong grasp of operational processes, IT general controls, security controls and vulnerability management
- Candidate must have experience working in complex, diverse and international environments and possess excellent communication and presentation skills with the ability to lead and influence team members and cross-functional teams
- Experience managing projects involving interdepartmental teams and external vendors / third parties
- Experience with Cisco routers, Palo Alto firewalls; Experience with AP's and Wireless Controllers; Experience with SolarWinds Network Performance Monitor and Network Configuration Manager; Ability to interpret PCAPs; Experience with BlueCoat, WAF; Familiar with CSC 11,12,15
- · Ability to perform basic scripting to analyze and automate repeatable processes
· Relevant industry certifications such as CISM, CISSP, CISA, CCNA-Security, Security+, MCSE, GSEC, GIAC, PMP, LEAN and Six Sigma are desired