When: Thursday, November 17, 2011, 6-8 PM
Where: Hawthorne Hotel 420 High Street, Winston-Salem, NC 27101
1. Meet, Greet & Network
2. Presentation: Current Challenges in Mobile Security
Dave's presentation will address current challenges in mobile device security. In his presentation, he will address in a vendor-agnostic way such issues as -
• Identifying and defining business requirements for mobile device security
• Threat vectors presented by mobile devices and mobile applications
• Related policy and standard development
• Applying a Data centric security approach
• Integrating mobile devices into an existing security program
• Technology considerations
Dave is a solutions engineer at Accuvant, Inc and is well respected in the security community. He brings to the table over 25 years experience in IT related fields including more than 15 years focused on information security. Positions held include: Director of Management Information Systems, Corporate Information Security Officer, Managing Consultant, Solutions Architect and Senior Security Engineer. In these positions Mr. Brown provided information security services for the Financial, Utilities, Telecommunications, Retail, Health Care, Pharmaceuticals and Entertainment industries.
Please RSVP at least 48 hours before the event by submitting your response at the following form: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dDZEbmc3VU5vM3BGcGFmUmNXaGdrYUE6MA . We look forward to seeing everyone there.